Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The weather outside is frightful...

As predicted, our winter storm has arrived. The weather guy said we would be getting anywhere from 8-12 inches ... and it's snowing pretty heavily currently. This is what we woke up to:


Nice, huh? The picture is taken from the same window as this picture from last week's post:


I know what you're thinking ... "um, is that the road? I can barely distinguish it from the surrounding fields..." Yes, I was thinking the same thing, too, as I drove into work this morning. Given that the bulk of our 8-12 inches are supposed to occur between the hours of 9am - 3pm (and it's now 9:30am), I'm going predict that the drive home is going to be even more fun than the drive to work was this morning ...

Stay posted ... I'll probably be adding more pics later today ...

3 comments:

Vee said...

I hope you have a snowblower! And yes NY should invest in some more snow plows for you.

Michelle said...

I hope you have 4-wheel drive or at least snow tires to combat this weather! Please, be safe! Maybe you should leave work early today!

Melvin and Carly said...

Yikes! Sounds like you'll get a work-out if you have to shovel all of that snow. Be careful on those roads!