Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Home for the holidays

Well, what can I say about Christmas? We got to go home to Utah for 2 full weeks, so we spent Christmas and New Years at home. It was really, really nice to see everyone and have the time to be able to be home with the people we love. Sounds corny, but it’s true. We didn’t go home last year (2006) for Christmas and we really haven’t been home since we moved out here to New York (save for a quick weekend trip for Cory’s brother’s wedding), so it was nice to have 2 weeks to be home. I thought 2 weeks would be plenty of time but there were still a few friends that we didn’t get time to see. We split the time between my parents and Cory’s parents, and did a lot of driving between the two … luckily they are only 45 minutes apart! Cory’s parents hosted a murder mystery dinner (see picture) and it was a lot of fun. I was a famous family psychologist and Cory got to be the detective. On Christmas day we got to talk to my brother Kendall who is serving a mission in Philadelphia, which was AWESOME. He’s doing so well and it was good to hear his voice and listen to his testimony. He’ll be home in June … only 5 more months to go! The time has flown by!! All in all, we’re very grateful for loving families and all the support they show us. We’re grateful we could go home for Christmas and see family and friends. Now it’s back to work for me and back to school for Cory – he started classes this morning. He’s in his 6th tri (out of 10 trimesters total) and this one should be an interesting one as far as diagnostics go. Should be a fun trimester!

Playing fuseball with Nathan (Cory's brother) and his wife Shar.

4 comments:

Wendi said...

Alright, so I have been in my own little world, but when did Nathan get married??? Wish him a very belated, "Congrats!" That boy always made me laugh.

It sounds like you two had a wonderful Christmas. Happy Holidays!

Sarah said...

He got married in June 2007. We went home for the wedding - briefly. It was like a weekend trip for us - with more time spent in airports than with the family. Oh well - what do you do? :) It was still good to be home for the actual ceremony. We'll give him your belated wishes.

Brookeh said...

Sarah,
Maggie says you look like Cinderella in a wedding dress. Hey she doesn't have to blond does she? It looks like you had a lot fun!

Brookeh said...

Hey I sent an invite to my blog to your emaail address. I also linked yours if that is ok. If not let me know and I'll take it off. But I like to read about your adventures.