I confess I found these funny things on Cassidy's blog, but I hope you think they are as funny as I do!
You Know You Grew Up In The 80's if:
1. You used to buy cassette singles … and still have some stashed somewhere …
2. You can sing the rap to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and can do the Carlton
3. Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly sexy
4. You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried to start a club of your own
5. You owned those lil' Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls
6. You know that "WOAH" comes from Joey on Blossom
7. Two words: Hammer Pants
8. You watched "Fraggle Rock"
9. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars... and spokey- dokies or playing cards on your spokes for that incredible sound effect
10. You watched "Duck Tales" (Woo ooh!)
11. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
12. You (your sister, cousins) wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
13. You saw the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the big screen ... and still know the turtles names
14. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side
16. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it
17. L.A. Gear ... need I say more?
18. You remember reading Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing and all the other Judy Blume books
19. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF"
20. You wanted to be a Goonie
21. You ever wore fluorescent clothing (some of us ... head-to-toe)
22. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted
23. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf
24. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets
25. You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence
26. You remember Hypercolor t-shirt
27. Barbie and the Rockers was your favorite band
28. You thought She-ra (Princess of Power!) and He-Man should hook up
29. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets
30. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I?"
31. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up"
32. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates
33. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide
34. You have ever played with a Skip-It or Elastix
35. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds or Hardees
36. You've gone through this nodding your head in agreement
37. Don't worry, be happy
38. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks
39. You wore socks scrunched down
40. You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that
41. You remember watching both Gremlins movies
42. You know what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare!!"
43. You remember watching Rainbow Bright and & My Little Pony Tales
44. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot
45. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac
46. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool ... and don't even flinch when people refer to them as "NKOTB"
47. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By The Bell," The ORIGINAL class
48. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART
49. You just sang those words to yourself
50. You remember watching Magic vs. Bird
51. Homemade Levi shorts ... (the shorter the better)
52. You remember when mullets were cool!
53. You had a mullet!
54. You still sing "We are the World"
55. You tight rolled your jeans
56. You owned a bannana clip
57. You used to (and probably still do) say "What you talkin' 'bout Willis?"
58. You had big hair and you knew how to use it
59. You're still singing shot through the heart in your head, aren't you!
Okay, so I can confesss to most of these ... born in 1981, I was half a child of the 80's and half a child of the 90's. Cory, however, relates to all of these. He secretly still wants to be a Goonie :) Rock on 80's children!!