Friday, November 9, 2007

In love with a vampire

Okay, I did something impulsive. I had New Moon (the 2nd book in the Twilight series) on hold from the library and I was 4th on the waiting list … then I placed a hold request for Eclipse (the 3rd book) … and I was 16th on the list. 16th! I would be waiting forever … and you all know I am not that patient when it comes to waiting for good books! So I ended up buying all three books online, so I didn’t have to wait. Plus, now I own them so I can read them whenever I want – and they are sooo good that they are definitely worth owning! They finally came in the mail! I spent a good part of the week reading them … and I must say that I haven’t been this invested in the characters of a book since Harry Potter – which is partly why I find these books to be so good. Any author who can create fictional characters who feel so real that the readers are invested deeply in their lives – now that’s a mark of a very good author. Stephenie has created some wonderful characters! If you are reading this post and you still haven’t read the books in the Twilight series – go out and get them! They are as good as the Harry Potter books – which is the highest recommendation I can give a book - and that makes my heart very, very happy. Plus, she’s currently writing book 4 in the series, and that gives me something to look forward to reading!

2 comments:

The Jones Family said...

I also am in love with a vampire! I am almost finished with New Moon and I can't wait to start on the next one. I am sad that the 4th book isn't done yet, guess I will have to just be patient! I know Zach is glad I am almost done...he is tired of not having a wife!

stephanie said...

We will definatly have to see you guys when you come next week for thanksgiving! Em and brett live really close to us! Anyways I heard the twilight series was awsome, I might have to start reading it!