Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Tag, I'm it

Well, there’s not too much to report from our lives as of late. We’re back in the grind of work and school, day in and day out. Cory’s got big national board tests up this weekend, and I’ve got plans to watch USC thump Ohio State. Exciting, huh?
So here’s another tag …

The rules: List 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 current obsessions/collections, 3 facts about yourself.

3 Joys
1. My husband and family. How did I get so lucky? I have the best family and the most wonderful husband!
2. Traveling and exploring new places and new cultures.
3. Reading books. I am a true bookworm at heart. Books make me insanely happy.

3 fears
1. Having my husband, parents or sibling die young (I know there is a better world after this one, but I don't like the idea of cutting this one short. Dying old is fine. I don't fear it).
2. Grasshoppers … yep, weird, I know but they give me the heeby-jeebies.
3. Drowning … yep, also weird, but I have this insane fear of drowning (or being caught in an avalanche – anything where I know I can’t breathe …) I’d rather just get shot than drown. Morbid, but true.

3 goals
1. Stop being so lazy …
2. Get more exercise than I currently do …
3. Gain better eating habits … I’m trying, I really am … I just don’t like stuff that’s good for me! But I’m trying …

3 current obsessions
1. The whole Twilight series. I’m reading Twilight again, along with the part of Midnight Sun that Stephenie posted on her website. And even though I have read Twilight 4 times now (this makes 5) I find myself unable to put the book down. Yeah, this obsession seems to be getting stronger, not weaker, even though the series is done (sniff!)
2. Trying to catch up on “scrapbooking” all of our summer photos. I’m way behind … and my version of scrapbooking is not at all elaborate. Printing them and putting them in books is about all I can manage.
3. Well, we got all our canning and freezing done – so that’s been an “obsession”, I guess. We did corn, peppers, peaches, tomatoes & raspberries. Food storage is complete! YEA!

3 facts about myself
1. I like to win. Beat me at Harry Potter trivia or Clue, and we will no longer be friends. I hate losing so bad. And I hate it when my teams lose – I take it waaaaay too personally.
2. I have 2008 Olympic tennis shoes. They are white and orange and the cutest shoes you will ever see. I bought them in China in 2002 and they say “Olympics 2008” on them. Every time I wear them, people comment on how cute they are. I even hiked the Great Wall of China in them … good memories.
3. I love life … and I am very, very blessed.

I’m not going to tag anyone in particular (except you Andrea :) so everyone can do this so I can enjoy all your answers.

3 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

That's a fun tag! Maybe I will have to do that one! Tell Cory good luck with school and tests!

Lincoln and Alisia said...

I understand the dying young issue. But I finally got over it when I saw an email with a girl being completely BURNED all over her face and body from a car crash- now I fear being burned alive and living through it. ha ha But I understand your morbid wishes for death. In fact it is comforting to know someone else is picky in the way they want to die...

Andrea said...

LOL!!! When I read that last part I was like Dang it! I knew you would. We'll see how much time I can manage to find to get it done- it might not be today, but you will get your tag. you'll have to teach me canning. I hope all goes well- I would be watching football too this Saturday (the Utes are playing your Aggies) but I'll be in California watching Sister Perez get married. Ah! Go Utes.